Sunday, January 19, 2014

Valentine's Day home decor - candle holder/vase


This is the base I'm starting with all my Valentine's Day decorations this year. I collected everything I had in my house that could be useful:


The first project would be a candle holder or vase. I used glass jar from jam. Cleaned all labels. Used the thick twine that I glued with the hot glue to the jar creating the shape of heart on both sides of the jar. I continued gluing the twine piece after piece all around the jar to fill out all the empty spots, except the heart of course.


Now time to decorate the jar neck. I had to get couple more material adding to my starting base. I opted for pink glass pearls. Putting them on embroidery floss to wrap it around the neck of the jar and over it wrapping the pink yarn around it to secure the thread with pearls.


I end up tying the yarn securely and leaving a cute bow.


This is just an idea. The choice of colors or materials is up to you, you can use different shape or size of the jar, different materials, like yarns, threads, buttons instead of pearls, basically anything you find in your house. It will still look great :-)


This can be a cute candle holder leaving the candle light through the heart shaped window. If you have a big jar, it would be amazing vase for the Valentine's Day bouquet from your dear one.


Would love to see your creation! :-)



1 comment: