Sunday, January 26, 2014

Valentine's Day home decor - wreath


So again, I'm starting picking the materials from my basic bunch I collected before making all this year's Valentines decorations. Let's do something with that wreath.


I got mine in Michaels for around $8. They offer bunch of basic wreaths of different materials. I used the linen fabric of natural color.


I cut the fabric into 2 stripes, fixed the beginning with hot glue to the wreath and wrap it around. Finished fixing int with hot glue again.


Very simple, quick and at the end the wreath looks softer and has rustic feel to it with fray end coming out.


Time to use these wooden hearts, that I got in Michaels too. I painted them red with acrylic paint.


After covered with two layers of Varnish, to protect it and give it a shine.


Took red wire I got in Michaels on 80 percent off sale, for ridiculous couple cents. Here is my advice. If you like to do the DIY project for you, always make a trip to the stores after holidays. After Christmas I got 2 bags of material for couple dollars! Red material I knew I'd use for Valentines and 4th of July and green for St. Patrick's Day. I made hearts out of the red wire with just my hands.


The hearts, that got dry I decorated with burlap, twine and lace...


..with the help of my best friend - hot glue. Added the metal heart shaped buttons I got in Jo-Ann, also glued with hot glue. I decorated little heart with our family monogram.



Put the nails from the back side of the hearts and hang them with the twine on the wreath. Ending tying them with little bow. The rest of the cotton lace I used for hanging the whole wreath at the door.




1 comment: